Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Switching Gears

On the 1st Saturday of November our church plays host to a Fall Festival.  This year's event is this Saturday, November 4th from 9am to 3pm.  We offer handmade crafts, baked goods, a raffle drawing for beautiful baskets and a yummy lunch with homemade soups, sandwiches, hotdogs and desserts.  If you are local and would like to stop by, we would love to have you.  Admission is free and is handicap accessible.

I often assign myself the job of creating a "snowman-type" craft every year.  For anyone who knows me, you know I ADORE snowmen...country-folksy type snowmen.  We decorate our tree every year with snowmen ornaments.  So, I don't mind crafting them for the fair.  Here is one I am finishing up today:

I have 8 of these guys waiting for some type of seed for the bottom.  I went on the hunt looking for dried corn, but alas, I found only sunflower seeds.  Walmart no longer carries wild-bird food; only domestic.  And Home Depot had cracked corn, not whole corn.  So, I settled for seeds.

 Here is my finished one:

My hope is to make a few more tonight to put up for sale on Etsy.  If you love him, and would like one of your own, leave me a comment with an email addy we'll talk. 

I'll be working late in the studio tonight on another snowman creation.  Enjoy your day.  I've got lots of work to do!  :)