Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April Vacation - Part One

Before my leap into making "Just Scrappin' Happy" my full-time gig, my family & I booked a vacation to Galveston, TX for the week of Easter.  And so...I'm blogging to you from our condo on Galveston Island.  It is, in a word: BEAUTIFUL. 

This is the view from the front door of our condo.  The Gulf of Mexico. 

My family & I enjoyed our Easter holiday here...I cooked a lovely meal (pork roast, roasted potatoes, corn casserole, sour cream pudding cake) and we had a very relaxing week.  It was a much needed break for the three of us...and being able to reconnect as a family has gotten us back on track.  We even colored Easter eggs!  :)

He made the most beautiful turquoise-colored egg!

Tonight's adventure included swimming in the Gulf, dinner on the back patio, going out for ice cream & mini golf. 
The giant snake nearly ate my head off...thank goodness Andrew was there to save me!  *wink*

I've got a few more stories to tell, including a review on a super-cute local scrapbook store here in the Houston area.  Check back for "Part Two" tomorrow! 


0 comments: